As dog owners we try to always be there for our furry friends. The problem is life gets in the way and we sometimes forget the little things that matter. So we decided to make a list of things that dog owners should always do to make their dogs happy. Some don't even require a lot of work but it means the world to your dog. Things like:
1) Treat them with toys:
Just like children, dogs also love new toys. They quickly get disinterested with the same toys. So if you don't have enough toys for him, you can get some here or you can also make a home made toy by clicking here. Once you have enough toys to maintain the toy cycle, try rotating those toys. This will keep them excited and happy!
2) Feed Them a High Quality Food: Great food is equal great health, and a healthy dog is a happy dog. Dogs are normally energetic and high-spirited when they’re healthy. Our furry friends need to eat healthy foods and not junk food, just like us. Take time to read the ingredients to make sure it's the best for your pet.
3) Spend some good ol Quality Time with Your Dog: Make time to have fun and fool around every day. They’ve been doing nothing all day, and you are the only thing that can brighten their day. Even if five minutes is all you can give, it's good enough to make your dog happy. Going on walks aren't just to stretch your legs, it’s also good to stimulate the mind. Dogs need to get out. Imagine if you were stuck in the house all day for your entire life. Sure, you might take your dog out every now and then, but most people don’t take their dogs out enough. Daily walks are an important part of your dog’s physical and mental health. They get to experience new things, get excited and sometimes meet new people and burn some energy. Plus, it’s one of the best ways to spend some quality time with your furry friend.
4) Learn How to Give a Dog Massage: As humans, we love a good massage because it relieves stress and relaxes the muscle, and the same is true for dogs. Giving your furry friend a massage can be great for them, and it’s a fantastic way to help them relax at the end of the day. It's also a great way for dogs with arthritis to stimulate their muscles and tissues to improve circulation.
5) Let them socialize: Dogs can be very social. When they meet new people and their dogs, it makes your dog’s morale go up. Keeping them stuck at home can be bad to your dog's personality.
6) Groom Your Pet Often: Just like playtime, grooming is something that all animals love. Regular brushing doesn’t just make animals look and feel good. It also helps prevent skin and coat infections, helps you to see problems in their early stages, and strengthens the bond between you and your dog.
7) Give them compliments: The truth is, when people tell you how good you look or how you nailed that job interview, it makes you feel great. Dogs also love positivity and compliments, so be sure to let your dog know each and every time they're doing something that makes you happy. It will motivate them to do it again.
Play a Game of Tug of War
Most dogs love tug of war, it's a game dog owners should play with their dog at least once. It’s quite fun, mentally stimulating, and definitely a workout. Even though it's been said that tug of war will make your dog more aggressive, that simply isn't true. Dogs love to play engaging games like tug or war and hide & seek. It's a great and easy way to make your dog happy. To play hide and seek have your dog stay while you go find a hiding spot. Once you have found a great one, call your dog and praise them when they find you. I can personally say my dog loves this game. If your dog doesn’t like to ‘stay’ you can ask for someone's help to distract your dog while you find your hiding spot or use treats.
9) Turn up dial on the exercise meter. Dogs love activity. They love to go on walks. They get so excited every time because they know they will see new people and things. Things like a long hike, going on a run, or on a few short outings in addition to those daily walks will be great for them. Look for a place your dog can enjoy and maybe even run without the leash, which will make the experience even more enjoyable for them.