As dog owners, we love our dogs and would do anything for them. But at times we seem to forget certain little things that can make a whole lot of a difference. The little signs that your dog is in pain can be easier to notice once you know what you are looking for. With that being said, here are the top 12 things dog owners forget to do.
1. Eating Grass: A common sign your dog is in pain is when they start to eat grass. This happens quite often when they need to vomit. Having a rumbling stomach or digestive problems, dogs have a natural instinct to eat grass because the grass will help them vomit and or poop.
2. Personality Change: A dog’s personality can change when they are in pain. Dog’s (like animals in the wild) most times avoid contact as they think you will hurt them further. Aggression can happen if they don’t have anywhere to hide or if their injury is visible.
3. Check The Food They Eat: Most dog owners don't always check the food their dog eats. For example, Peanut Butter is one of the most commonly known tasty treats to give to your dog because they love it and it's packed full of protein, healthy fats, niacin, vitamin B and vitamin E. But most dog owners forget to make sure that the peanut butter DOES NOT contain sugar substitutes like Xylitol, which can be deadly for dogs. And after they are done eating, they should use this dog toothbrush to get fresh breathe and clean their teeth. I have tried a bunch of toothbrushes and i can honestly say this is the most effective. Click here to get it.
4. Don't Be Too Loving: They're some dog owners who love their dog so much that they can correct them when they are wrong and give them everything they want at the drop of a hat. Doing this will only encourage bad behavior and make you your dog's pet and not the other way around.
5. Is Your Dog Hot or Cold? Some dog owners just assume that their dog's fur will protect them from the cold and water is all they need if it's hot. The truth is we always have to keep an eye out for those type of things. Check your dog's paws often for signs of cold-weather.
6. Giving Their Dog Mental Stimulation: Dogs like to feel like they have a purpose. The worst thing you can do to a dog is to have him or her at your house day after day without doing anything.
7. Dog Training: Do you love taking your dog for a walk but hate when they bark at everything and everyone? Then you need to train your dog. Does your dog pee and poop everywhere in your house? Then you need to train your dog. Most people just let it happen without correcting them.
8. Show Dominance: When you walk your dog, make sure your head is high, shoulders straight and your back not arched. Little things like that can show your dog your not the leader.
9. The Shampoo They Use: Most dog owners don't realize that cornstarch and baking soda absorb oils and helps makes your dog's fur shinny, while lavender oil helps your pup smell fresh and protects him or her from fleas. I found a grooming glove that removes all the excess hair from your dog and does it with ease. Click here to see it.
10. Encourage Good Behavior: Dogs are pretty obvious in their mindset and you can use that to your advantage. If you want to get your dogs to behave better you have to reward them for it. But don't just reward them for no reason, reward them when they do something good. And at the same time,do not think it is only your dog that is responsible for your dogs bad behavior. Some of that also comes from you. You have to learn to the right way to show your dog he did somethig bad. This video explains what i mean:
11. How They Sleep: The bed they sleep on makes a huge difference. They can be used for napping and sleeping during the day and at night. Unlike the floor, a bed will keep your dog warm, support their joints, and unlike a couch or human bed, dog beds are spaces that they can have all to themselves. I personally recommend this dog bed it is absolutely amazing. Click here to get it